Wednesday, September 7, 2011

In a New York Minute....

Everything can change and it often does. Some people change just like the seasons but without luxury of the notice that comes with an almanac. Which is why its a blessing when you have friends who are consistent.

To get my mind off the wackness that has been my life thus far in Baton Rouge I went to New York City to see the annual Rock The Bells concert with my friend Christina (who has a dope blog).




We sat in line for about 2 hours waiting on the ferry to Governor's Island, where the concert was, and another hour in line to pick up the tickets from will-call. While we missed out on opening acts like Childish Gambino, Fashawn/Blu & Exile, Common & BlackStar (Mos Def & Talib Kweli) the highlight of the festival had to be Big KRIT and his jumping off the stage into the crowd.


Then we got to go out and enjoy the NY night scene in Manhattan and visit a mutual friend in Harlem. The club scene was.....interesting. But it had a very nice atmosphere and I enjoyed the night. I also got a chance to rock my Zara blazer, which is completely wouldn't work in the clubs in BR.







But the weekend was something great. Shit, after being dumped, struggling at my job, and trying to find some sort of mental solace in Baton Rouge I needed this. I hadn't done anything fun in weeks and I surely hadn't seen my friends. The things that matter the most when you look back on your life aren't the millions of dollars you made, the fancy cars and diamond rings. Not even your career; the fun times that you spend with family and friends matter the most. And man, I could write a five to seven page APA formatted paper on why I'm a fan of Christina's and I would use this weekend as a primary source.



 
Source number two is this pic that she got for me. And rachetness equals love in my book.

3 comments:

CDotCarter said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Thanks for the post B!!!

E. Simpkins said...

This is wonderful!!! Yay for friends like that!!

Terjohn's Topic of Conversation said...

Well written! Love the last line and the blackberry girls....